Bursting with chocolate flavor and smooth as silk, this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust is rich and decadent. It’s a chocolate lover’s dream: chocolate cookie crust, smooth and creamy chocolate cheesecake filling, silky chocolate ganache topping, plus extra chocolate curls on top!
For the Crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
For Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 kg cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 180 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
For Chocolate Topping:
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 180g bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 180°C , grease a 22 cm spring form pan and set aside.
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for six minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- Melt 280 g bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth, mix in cocoa powder.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed and do not overbeat it.
- Add melted chocolate and mix on low speed to combine.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center is set and the top looks dry (about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes).
- Cool on a wire rack for five minutes, then run a thin knife around the sides of the pan and set the cake in the refrigerator (uncovered), for at least 8 hours or overnight.
To make the topping:
- In a medium saucepan stir together cream, chocolate and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the spring form pan sides.
- This cheesecake can be prepared up to 2-3 days in advance just store covered in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with chocolate curls (optional).
Get more recipes here: https://finditnews.co.za/